The Edge

Thoughts from the edge of your reality. We always bring food for your table of knowledge.

Tuesday, November 30, 2004

This one says Irish Sping on it

Folks, I am shocked. I am really completely shocked. I was looking around for website awards programs and ran accross World Wide Web Awards. So I fiugured what the hell. Lets see what I can do. and these are the rules on why soemone cant get an award. >1.We do not accept sites that are offensive to others. >2.We do not accept sites that contain profanity, hatred, propaganda, racism, warez, nudity, gambling, hacking activities, use of tobacco products, >drugs, violence, firearms, weapons, degradation, harm, slander, cult activity, pet pages, personal home pages, vampirism, witch craft, gang related >activity, role-playing (fantasy). We prefer not to review these types of sites. WTF?! Not offensive to others? So if you put up a Teletubies site and I dont like it I can have you banned? How do you make a site that EVERYONE will agree with? People there are a lot of wackos out there. there are people who are offended by names, colors, sounds, and location. I got dissed by a woman because a guy that cheated on her had the same name as me. Now with wack jobs like that around how can you not offend somebody? And number two. Wait. Put your seatbelt on. Cause Im about to hit the gears. Get some coffe or a beer cause Im takin' you with me. How can you say no profanity? Some of the best laughs I have had involved profanity. And Im an adult. Some of you are adults. If you choose to use profanity thats between you and your Cerebelum. I could care less. If you took the time to create a site and maintain it then you should get to say whatever you want to say. Hell you paid for the damn space. And dont give me non of that "But children may see" crap. Yes, yes they might. But heres the real deal fellow howler monkeys. Its your kid. If you have not taken the time to discuss things with them and teach them your values thats your problem. Not mine or someone elses. You dont want them on the net and possibley exposed to something? Unplug the damn machine and take the cord. But dont tell me or anyone else we have to monitor ourselves because you forgot how to use a condom or take a pill. Not my problem thats yours. No tabacco products? Does that mean if I have something in my journal and it mentions smoking they are going to deny me? I use a banner system on my domain. What if some tobacco company does the unspeakable and slips in? Now this will probably never happen as it is still illegal for tobacco manufacturers to advertise on websites. No weapons, violence or drugs? I dont do drugs but I had a good story about someone doing them. So Im out? WTF? Even if mine is a positive story about why you should not do your drugs in public? No weapons? I take martial arts. I have pictures of my weapon on my domain. So Im out because I have a healthy spiritual persuit? There are 18 weapons and forms as STANDARD for the Shaolin fighting style. Thats 18 weapons folks. So if I talk about doing a Wu Bu Chan form with a sword Im gone? I dare ya to get close and say that. No slander? Come on. Some people need to be slandered. You need to know when some scumbag is running around doing something unsavory. And if they lose hits or buisiness from it? Well tjhats what makes the will of the people so great. Singulary we are just one lone howler monkey going off in the wild cyber jungle. But get enough of us together and now you got a pack of roving gorillas. Its howPlanet of the Apes started. No pet pages? No personal pages? What the fuck is your domain/journal if its not a personal page? No vampirism? Why not? With the popularity of Blade and Anne Rice this has become one of the largest sub-cultures in America and Europe. Just because you dont want to look at them doesnt mean that they are going to go away. And dont think just because you deny thier webpages your kids wont see them. They are here. They are in your schools taking classes. they are on reality tv shows. Personally I think most of them are kinda funny. I mean really. Most of the guys I can see why they did it. They're geeks and and they needed to find somewhere they fit in. Take away the black eyeliner, the styling gel, and the dark clothes and you got one geeky guy with a suitcase full of mental and social issues. Now the girls. The girls are usually just hot, and they often wear something tight and sexy. Yeah, yeah. Im biased. I like women. No witchcraft? What so we are banning religions again? afraid thay are going to steal someones pure Christian soul? They wont. Thats someone elses job. Besides, alot of Christains are more underhanded than Old Scratch himself. Seriously. I have heard of some "God fearing" people doing crap that even the devil is saying, "I think you went over the top there". Look up religious crime if you think not. I mean really, you gonna ban the pagans but no one else? Well damn. Aint that a bitch. I would take a pagan over a Catholic anyday. Atleast I know the pagan isnt going to plug my kid in the ass. They might bathe the brat in goats blood, but thier virginity is safe. And last but not least, No roleplaying? This begs the question. WHY? Rolepayers are harmless. Most of them are smelly loners that have no place to be except with other smelly loners. Give them some peace in thier life. And nevermind the fact that atleast 60% of the US has played or is playing Dungeones and Dragons. Its a past-time. Nothing more. Give it a rest will ya?

1 Comments:

Blogger Vic said...

It's amazing the lengths that people will go to in order to silence (even flat out deny the existance of) things they they personally do not like.

Don't like profanity? Then go fuck yourself.

Don't like D&D? Then don't play it. And if you try to disrupt my Sunday games, then I'll use your skin as a new book cover to help protect my books from scratches.

If merely reading, seeing, or hearing something you don't like is enough to cause you to automatically be offended, then you should just go ahead and pop about 20 valium. I'm sure you'll feel much better in about half an hour.

1:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home