The Edge

Thoughts from the edge of your reality. We always bring food for your table of knowledge.

Thursday, October 14, 2004

Dumbass

Some people dont know how to hide thier shiznit I had to catch a bs home after the latest installment of "HEY, Come Fix My System". And it thoroughly sucked. The whole trip was for naught as the machine was 6 years old and un-repairable. Then I got rain soaked on the way home because I dont have a car. So after a few drippy minutes waiting in the rain a bus finally arrives. Its kinda crowded. Most of the staring sullen faces are moist and look fairly worn. Most of us had no idea the weather was turning as the local weather reports never mentioned rain. So I padded my way towards the back of the bus, where it is slightly warmer. Gingerly avoiding the minefield of sprawled feet in the aisle, I find a seat. There were several people sitting stolidly staring straight ahead doing thier best "I am not a victim" impression. Two young men just infront of me were laughing and whispering to each other about some private joke. No one seemed to notice them or care. And they seemed to care little for anyone around them. Things probably would have continued on as an uneventful ride home except for one thing. As the two young men rose to leave the bus one of them dropped a bag. It was small and clear plastic. I could not help but laugh when I saw it. Several other passengers looked at the bag as if it was something horrid that had crawled up out of thier dreams. Mustering my best 'street voice', I bellowed, "Yo 'olms". Both young men turned startled out of thier conversation. Calmly and causualy I squated and palmed the bag. "What man?", the nearest young man asked. Still trying to be casual I bumped him. when my hand brushed his he yelled,"MAN!". As our eyes met he whispered, "thanks 'G". "Its cool". We pleasently parted company and no one said a word. Now most people would not have been "playing" with the bag while on the bus. But this guy did. Also an intelligent person would have placed the bag in a pocket and been done with it. But this genius was handeling it in public. I tell ya. If this is the youth of America then we are all f'cked

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home